- Feeling the strain? Need some support? LawCare is there for those going through difficult times. Completely confidential and free 24 hour helpline 0800 279 6888. Or check out the website for online support: www.lawcare.org.uk
- Used by thousands of solicitors every day to register and search for wills: www.certainty.co.uk
- The Swansea Civil Justice Centre has advised that their current turnaround times to process or respond to an email is 10 working days. However, if a document requires referral to a Judge you may not get a reply for up to 20 working days. For any complaints, please allow 10 working days for your concerns to be investigated and a response provided.
They have also provided the following further guidance for sending e-mails to the court:
1. Send your documents once and do not duplicate a copy in the Post/DX/Fax.
2. Do not send documents electronically that require a fee, unless:
i) You have quoted your fee account details for payment to be taken;
ii) You require payment by debit/credit card and your email provides details to contact you to take the payment.
3. Do not send emails which exceed 10Mb.
4. When you email the court the subject line of your mail must contain (in the following order):
i) If relating to a hearing, the date and time of hearing;
ii) The case number;
iii) The title of the case (abbreviated if necessary);
iv) The subject matter (e.g. defence);
v) The judge’s name, where the correspondence/document is for their attention.